Healthy eating is much important to kids, be it toddlers or teenagers. They need adequate energy to keep up with the demands of each day and it can only be achieved through healthy eating. So, what is healthy eating?
The concept of healthy eating would differ from person to person. For some people, it would be sticking to a vegetarian, plant-based, diet, while for some others it would be okay to consume some sources of animal protein. Some people would believe in restricting the diet, while others would be okay with sweets and snacks in moderation.
In reality, healthy eating is eating a variety of foods from each food group, including vegetables, fruits, grains, dairy, oils and proteins. It also means choosing smaller portion sizes to help reduce the amount of food being eaten, so as to prevent uncontrolled weight gain. Healthy eating also includes having nutritious foods which contain higher amounts of vitamins, fibre, minerals and other nutrients.
Now, let us take a look at the many benefits of healthy eating:
- Begin Good Habits Early – Things that we have learned while we were kids continue to be our second nature. We follow these things every single day in our life. Similarly, when we teach kids to eat healthy and nutritious foods, it is highly likely that they would follow it all throughout their life.
- Improves School Performance – It is no secret that kids who eat better would do better in school. Several studies have revealed that there is a direct connection between children’s nutrition and better grades. Kids who eat healthy foods are more likely to go to class and also pay attention in class.
- Helps Control Weight – The modern times are characterised by fast foods and other junk foods that are much ‘tastier’. Children often opt to have these ‘tasty’ foods rather than healthy foods. Fast and junk foods would cause children to gain weight uncontrollably and spend the rest of their lives being overweight or obese. By eating healthy and appropriately, kids would be able to control their weight gain. Kids who achieve good nutrition and follow healthy eating habits would only have a lower calorie consumption, and lose extra weight or keep it off.
- Improves Energy Levels – For kids to be active in class and pay attention, they would need adequate energy. Kids who don’t eat right would be sluggish or tired throughout the day. A balanced and healthy diet will give kids the energy boost they need to pay attention.
- Reduce Risk of Health Problems – A poor diet not only contributes to weight gain but it could also lead to various health problems. If kids reduce the sugar intake it can help them have fewer tooth cavities. Eating less sugar and controlling a child’s weight can reduce the risk of diabetes too.
These are some of the benefits that kids gain by eating healthy. Healthy eating also helps kids to train in martial arts the best way. Pinnacle Martial Arts Taekwondo Academy in Sydney follows a comprehensive and dynamic training method in martial arts Marrickville that helps each person achieve their pinnacle.
Enrol with the best reputed and established Pinnacle Martial Arts in Marrickville training centre and be better in life. Contact us now!
At Pinnacle Martial Arts Marrickville Inner West and Chester Hill Bankstown Area South West Sydney, we have incorporated many disciplines and integrated the dynamics of Sports Taekwondo, Kung Fu, Korean Karate, Traditional Taekwondo, Hapkido, Boxing, Kick Boxing and fitness to provide the most practical and effective Martial Arts self defence techniques for kids, teens and adults.
We have adopted these disciplines to complement each other thus creating the fast, powerful, exciting and dynamic Pinnacle style. Pinnacle Martial Arts Taekwondo Academy designed popular programs to suit the specific ages and levels of our members.
The Kids Martial Arts programs we offer focus on building the child’s confidence, discipline, Respect, self-esteem, self-control, balance, power, strength, speed, agility, motor skills, Health, focus, Fitness, determination, problem solving, team work, communication skills, concentration though specific Kids & Teens Martial Arts and Self Defence in a structured, fun, motivating, safe family friendly environment.
Great News ! The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids Program. Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher valued up to $100 per calendar year for each student enrolled in school.
The Active Kids Program voucher may be used with Pinnacle Martial Arts in Sydney a recognised and registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for Martial Arts, Taekwondo, Self Defence, sport, fitness and active recreation activities. The voucher can be used at any time during the calendar year it was issued.
or Contact us on 0410 686 585
Email: [email protected]