One of the hardest things that parents face is raising their children in the modern world. Influenced by all the external factors, children would forget about the age-old values like respect and other good principles and virtues.
One of the best ways in which we can help mould our children’s morals and principles the best way is by enrolling them to a martial arts academy. Martial arts training has all the techniques and features that help kids to be better individuals, have greater moral values and so on. One of the virtues that martial arts training teaches kids is respect.
So, how do children learn about respect through martial arts? Let us have a look:
- Listen to Elders – The best martial arts training helps the kids to learn the importance of listening to the elders. Martial arts training practically involves interaction between the students and the instructor, which helps them to learn the importance of respecting elders and listening to them. The connection between the students and the instructor helps students in learning that respect is important in effective martial arts training.
- The Bow – We bow only to people we respect or we use bowing as a sign of respect. All martial arts practitioners, be it young or old, start their training with a bow for their instructor or training partner. The bow is a symbol of deep respect and it would also signal their readiness to focus on the training at hand. A bow also signifies the respect a student has for the knowledge and skills of the instructor.
- Respect Differences – Each person is different and thus would differ the skills and technique they use and learn. Each student engaged in martial arts training at Martial Arts In Marrickville would understand that each student training with him is different and so they would learn to respect the other person’s differences.
- Teaches Humility – One of the integral parts of respect is humility. Being humble helps us to accept everything, even failure. Through martial arts training, students would learn the truth that there are always people with better skills and they could beat you. Therefore, they would learn how to be humble and accept losing as they accept winning.
- Experience – The experience that a kid attains from a martial arts class would help him to be better and develop respect for others. Each person in the martial arts academy would be treating others with respect, be it the instructors, staff or students. A child who trains in this atmosphere would learn that respect is important and one should show respect to influence others lives.
These are some of the values that martial arts training teaches kids. For the best training, and becoming better individuals, students should train with Pinnacle Martial Arts Academy. With a well-established centre for training in Martial Arts Marrickville, we provide training in a friendly and fun-filled atmosphere. This helps each person to achieve their pinnacle.
At Pinnacle in Marrickville Inner West and Chester Hill Bankstown Area South West Sydney, we have incorporated many disciplines and integrated the dynamics of Sports Taekwondo, Kung Fu, Korean Karate, Traditional Taekwondo, Hapkido, Boxing, Kick Boxing and fitness to provide the most practical and effective Martial Arts self defence techniques for kids, teens and adults.
We have adopted these disciplines to complement each other thus creating the fast, powerful, exciting and dynamic Pinnacle style. Pinnacle Martial Arts Taekwondo Academy designed popular programs to suit the specific ages and levels of our members.
The Kids Martial Arts programs we offer focus on building the child’s confidence, discipline, self-esteem, self-control, balance, power, strength, speed, agility, motor skills, Health, focus, Fitness, determination, problem solving, team work, communication skills, concentration though specific Kids & Teens Martial Arts and Self Defence in a structured, fun, motivating, safe family friendly environment.
Great News ! The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids Program. Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher valued up to $100 per calendar year for each student enrolled in school.
The Active Kids Program voucher may be used with Pinnacle Martial Arts a recognised and registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for Martial Arts, Taekwondo, Self Defence, sport, fitness and active recreation activities. The voucher can be used at any time during the calendar year it was issued.
or Contact us on 0410 686 585