Martial arts is a physical activity that is suited to people of all ages, starting from kids and infants to grown ups. The best thing about martial arts is that there is no age limit to start learning and practicing it. Anyone can start it, at any time.
If you feel like you should too learn martial arts after watching martial arts movies or seeing someone perform, you can do it with ease. Your age or looks won’t matter at all. Even if you had begun studying martial arts from a young age, you would have mastered all the techniques by the time you reach adulthood. But still, all throughout your life, you should practice it for reaping its many benefits.
Today, we will look at the best and popular martial arts styles suitable for adults:
- Taekwondo – This martial arts style hails from Korea and is one of the broadest forms of martial arts study. This is one of the most popular martial arts styles and has more followers than any other martial arts technique. Being an Olympic sport too has added to the popularity of this style. Taekwondo is a much entertaining martial arts form and includes a variety of activities. While practicing Taekwondo, you will have to do a lot of drills and sparring too. It would also require you to learn relaxation techniques and perform standard cardiovascular exercises, thereby keeping you in the best of shapes.
- Kickboxing – Kickboxing is now a popular martial arts form and it is also used to refer anything that has got punching and kicking in it. Kickboxing can improve the fitness, power, flexibility and agility of all those who practice it, especially adults. Another benefit of kickboxing is that it can improve coordination and both type types of balance that the body requires—anticipatory and reactive. This can be beneficial one we reach a much older age, where risk of falling or muscle weakness is much reduced.
- Judo – This style of martial arts hails from Japan and is believed to be originated in the late 1800s. This martial arts form has given rise to many other forms like Sambo and Jiu Jitsu. Judo requires physical exertion to be performed on a constant basis. It can help build muscle, increase cardio and lower levels of cholesterol. It also builds self-confidence, trust, self-discipline and respect for oneself and others.
- Korean Karate is a very widely practiced Asian form of Martial Arts. It relies on acute physical coordination and mental focus. Korean Karate is a very dynamic form of traditional martial arts. Korean Karate evolved into traditional Taekwondo and further developed into the Olympic Sport of Taekwondo in 1988 Soul Olympics.
“Subak” an old name for Taekwondo also known as Korean Karate was originated from Kung Fu, the Chinese Self Defence art.
- Pinnacle Kung Fu Influenced Martial Arts is a combination of selected and adopted effective techniques and methods from martial art styles from a variety of cultures especially Korean, Japanese, Chinese.
Thus, achieving a proven Martial Art style with influences from Kung Fu, Japanese Karate, Korean Karate, Boxing Methods, Kickboxing Methods and Taekwondo for Everyone
These are some of the popular martial arts styles for adults. For the best and effective results, practice martial arts with Pinnacle Martial Arts Academy academy providing training in Canterbury, St. Peters, Sydenham and Hurlstone Park Suburbs.
Pinnacle Martial Arts in Sydney is ideal for Fitness, Discipline, Self Defence, Character & Physical Development
At Pinnacle in Marrickville Inner West and Chester Hill Bankstown Area South West Sydney, we have incorporated many disciplines and integrated the dynamics of Sports Taekwondo, Kung Fu, Korean Karate, Traditional Taekwondo, Hapkido, Boxing, Kick Boxing and fitness to provide the most practical and effective Martial Arts self defence techniques for kids, teens and adults.
We have adopted these disciplines to complement each other thus creating the fast, powerful, exciting and dynamic Pinnacle style. Pinnacle Martial Arts Taekwondo Academy designed popular programs to suit the specific ages and levels of our members.
Great News ! The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids Program. Parents, guardians and carers can apply for a voucher valued up to $100 per calendar year for each student enrolled in school.
The voucher may be used with Pinnacle Martial Arts In Marrickville Inner West & Chester Hill South West Sydney which is a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities. The voucher can be used at any time during the calendar year it was issued.
or Contact us on 0410 686 585
Email: [email protected]