If you are not able to picture yourself practicing karate after the age of 70, it would be great to know that there are Karate masters who have trained even when they were 90+. So, how were these masters able to do so?
One thing that they had in common was diet. It is interesting to note that Okinawa, the birthplace of Karate, is one of the places that has a life expectancy more than average. People all over the world try to incorporate the Okinawan diet so as to reap its benefits. The principle of this diet is simple – “be low in calories, but high in nutrition”. So. let us check what the Okinawan diet is:
- Hara Hachi Bu – Well, this simply means that you should stop eating once you are 80% full. It is because overeating stresses the body and causes inflammation. This becomes an important factor in longevity.
- Eat more Veggies – To be low in calories and high in nutrition, eat more vegetables, herbs, soy legumes and so on. The best foods are Bitter Melon, Fennel, Turmeric, Tofu and so on. These foods promote better health by providing a great deal of health benefits.
- Include Omega-3 – Omega-3 fatty acids provides the best health benefits for humans. It helps in promoting brain function and also reduces the risk of heart disease. The best natural sources of Omega-3 fatty acids are Soy and fish products.
- Include more Vitamin D and Calcium – One of the most natural sources of calcium in Okinawa is water. This mineral, combined with the Vitamin D levels gained from sun exposure delays risks of osteoporosis. This keeps your bones and joints strong. Vitamin D also boosts testosterone production that enhances physical performance.
- Don’t Stop Karate – Along with having all these superfoods, carry on practicing Karate so as to reap its many benefits. Practicing Karate regularly can help you have the stamina, mobility, strength and mental health to practice it at an even older age. It also helps in keeping you sharper and stronger at all times.
Karate is one of the best martial arts styles popular around the world. This is a modern martial arts style which is thought to have been originated in the earlier days itself. Practicing Karate the best way and having the best foods can help in the overall development of the practitioner.
Karate can be practiced the best way with the best training academy. For the best training enroll with the academy the provides outstanding karate training in regions such as Dulwich Hill, Marrickville, and Chester Hill.
Pinnacle Martial Arts & Karate in Sydney is ideal for Fitness, Discipline, Self Defence, Character & Physical Development
At Pinnacle in Marrickville Inner West and Chester Hill Bankstown Area South West Sydney, we have incorporated many disciplines and integrated the dynamics of Sports Taekwondo, Kung Fu, Korean Karate, Traditional Taekwondo, Hapkido, Boxing, Kick Boxing and fitness to provide the most practical and effective Martial Arts self defence techniques for kids, teens and adults.
We have adopted these disciplines to complement each other thus creating the fast, powerful, exciting and dynamic Pinnacle style. Pinnacle Martial Arts Taekwondo Academy designed popular programs to suit the specific ages and levels of our members.
or Contact us on 0410 686 585
Email: [email protected]