Kids go through peer pressure in every class they attend. Whether it is school or any martial art class, kids will face bullies and some sort of pressure.
Peer pressure is actually a form of stress that the kids face from their friends. They get influenced by these friends to do certain things say experts at Pinnacle kids martial arts Marrickville.
Sometimes these peer pressure lead kids to do certain things they are not supposed to do. This can make or break their entire future. Having them lead a good and healthy life is the responsibility of parents.
As parents, they should know how to tackle these peer pressure faced by their kids says teachers at Pinnacle Kids martial arts in Marrickville.
To help those parents who are not so well equipped with handling issues Pinnacle Kids martial arts Marrickville brings you simple steps that you can follow to make them get back on track and not yield to peer pressure.
- Teach Kindness to your kid: At Pinnacle Kids martial arts in Marrickville, we have seen many kids who are really kind to their peers. This makes them take control of what they are doing. They hardly give up to pressure from peers. In fact, they become “agony aunt” for other kids who are under peer pressure. Inculcate kindness in your family rule. Your kid will learn it is not good to tease others. This will help them to be out of peer pressure.
- Teach them the right way to respond: Normally kids who give up for peer pressure are the ones who respond the wrong way, says, teachers at Pinnacle Kids martial arts Marrickville. When a kid is bullied, on irritation the kid may respond in an entirely opposite way. Always teach your kid to be assertive and calm. Tell your kid what is right and what is not. Take time to explain this with the outcome of the situation. Try to repeat this exercise whenever possible, this will give your kid a clear mindset to control his/her random reactions and will learn to handle things wisely.
- Know who your kid’s peers are: Teach your kids to make friends who have the same ethics and values. Most importantly not the ones who can influence bad things to your child. Be sure that you do not criticise your child’s friends in front of them. Explain to them to know what is bad. Peers play an important role in building a kids social behaviour says teachers at Pinnacle Kids martial arts in Marrickville
- Prepare your kids for possible situations: Depending on your kid’s age, always discuss with your kids all the possibility of peer pressures they may encounter. For young kids it may be teasing others, skipping classes, using substances etc. Make sure you inform your kid to stay away from these things suggests Pinnacle Kids martial arts Marrickville.
- Tell your kids what’s not acceptable: Teach your kids what behaviour is not good. Parents play an important role in a child’s life says masters at Pinnacle Kids martial arts in Marrickville. Knowing about what is wrong will help your kids to stay away from that. Make them aware of the consequences faced after the involvement. Make them believe certain rules are for their own good. Always care for them and give them the right kind of love.
- Boost your child’s self confidence: Always build your child’s confidence and self esteem as this will help in facing peer pressure. Pinnacle kids Martial Arts in Marrickville & Chester Hill Sydney will help with character development, physical development and self defence.
Pinnacle Martial Arts Mini Ranger & Martial Rangers are the perfect programs to help your child handle peer pressure and bullying.